5 TOOLS & RESOURCES TO KNOW ABOUT IN THE NEW YEAR
The convenience of pulling data on the fly helps our partners move quickly when responding to prospects and stakeholder requests.
We developed several self-service research tools last year to assist our partners while enhancing existing resources based on community feedback. Most self-service reporting tools allow users to search for data by State, County, MSA, Region, Drive Time, or Radius.
Check them out and let us know what you think.
- Labor Force Report - This tool provides an overview of a community's total labor force and unemployment numbers. The perk - you can skip navigating to the Bureau of Labor Statistics and Department of Labor websites each month. Results from the report can be exported to a PDF.
- International Companies - Communities want to know more about where their companies are from so they can connect better with them, support expansions and new locations, as well as assess any cultural needs and inclusivity. This tool allows users to explore a list of international companies and the ACS foreign-born population data matching the international region being searched.
- County Index Tool - With so many data points, it isn't easy to know where to focus. This tool, administered through participation in the Georgia Academy for Economic Development, can provide a snapshot of your County's economy, education, health, and opportunity.
- Target Industries - Narrow in on what the target industry environment looks like in your area. Search by an individual County, an MSA, or a custom area like a radius or drive time. Users define the geography, and the tool pulls in labor and employer data for one of Georgia's target industries for that area and creates a report.
- ReSimplfi - In partnership with the State and other utility partners, last year, we introduced REsimplifi, making sharing and finding building data across Georgia easier. If you have 10,000+ sqft commercial or industrial buildings, ensure they're on the site selector!
Does your economic development organization need more data?
Connect with your regional community manager to discuss how Georgia Power's team can help you get research, data, and the information you need to support your region's economic development goals.
Click here to find your community manager.