“Norfolk Southern is excited to embark on a new future in the city of Atlanta...A unified office team in a new Atlanta headquarters will connect Norfolk Southern with every resource needed for success.”
Whether putting down roots for the first time or expanding a company that’s been around for decades, the environment in Georgia is ideal for growth.
- Moderate-to-lower costs than competitors
- Large availability of Class A office opportunities with new tech options
- Major market for co-working space
- Access to top marketing/PR, procurement and professional services firms
Competitive Operating Costs
Costs tend to be at or below the national average in Atlanta. The region boasts a construction cost index of 89.4 (U.S.=100), and the region’s mild winters allow for year-round construction activity.
Expansive Office Market
Atlanta’s office market is expansive with 10 major submarkets comprising nearly 269 million square feet of Class A and Class B office space. There is currently a vacancy rate of 13.5% for Class A and B office space across the region.
Class A & B Office Delivered Since 2015
Average Class A &B Office Rental Rate
Atlanta is among the top 5 best cities nationally for freelancers and self-employed workers (NerdWallet), so it's no surprise the city also ranks as one of the top markets for coworking space.
Major co-working space operators, such as Industrious, SPACES and WeWork, all have a presence in Atlanta. There are also boutique spaces available across the region, too.
Square Feet of Co-Working Space
Atlanta is rich in B2B enterprises that can help advance your business. The region's robust B2B ecosystem connects companies with other firms that provide the materials, services and consultation needed to be successful.
- 218,00 Atlantans employed in the Professional, Scientific and Technical Services industry
- 1,360+ accounting, auditing and consulting firms
- 640+ advertising and marketing agencies
- 1,000+ employment services firms in the region, including highly-regarded executive search agencies
- 3,300+ law firms