Georgia is at the heart of the super-charged Southeast. With its economic vitality fueled by robust population growth and a pro-business climate, Georgia is an attractive destination for businesses, including pioneers in indoor agriculture. Home to 680 food processing companies and 50,000 farms, which together account for $26 billion in GDP, Georgia has an exceptional agricultural and food production infrastructure. These resources, when applied toward the establishment and nurturing of a new indoor agriculture industry cluster, will benefit the indoor agriculture operations that make Georgia home.
Georgia’s Annual Food & Beverage Export
Number of Farms in Georgia
Why Georgia for Indoor Agriculture?
- Growing population center with strong buying power
- Robust and established agriculture industry
- Excellent accessibility to market and transportation infrastructure
- Abundant and affordable workers
- World-class research and development resources
- Clean, safe, reliable and affordable electricity
- Available buildings suitable for indoor agriculture enterprises